Right after the usual study hall, the electrical sub-team went to work re-imaging the cRio and making the code for the pneumatics.The mechanical sub-team on the other hand was facing a small issue. After much thought, it was decided that a ratchet would be used to guarantee that the super shifter would not back drive.
The mechanical sub-team finalized the dimensions of the robot after some testing that resulted in a beat up catapult. Due to this, they decided as a group to leave the number of bands that launch the catapult as is along with the dimensions of the robot. Meanwhile, the electrical sub-team fixed the microswitch and the Victor on the test-board.
Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!!! Today,we attached shorter springs to the prototype and elongated the ball cradle. The number of bands (tubing) that launch the catapult contraption were also increased, allowing the ball to travel 20 feet instead of 15. We videotaped a close-up and side angle of the launcher in slow motion. The microswitch and pneumatics were also coded.
With CDR out of the way, we set to work with renewed energy. Taken-apart parts from the practice drive were wired while teaching rookies and we got the compressor to work. Some of us took measurements for the electrical layout and then color coded an electrical layout testbed along with creating a Microsoft Visio document for it.